Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Have You Ever...?

Have you ever looked at a manscript you just knew was ready for submission only to realize that it still needs work? That happened to me today with a story recently returned to me (After about 7 months. I was beginning to think they either didn't get it or were seriously considering publishing it. Wrong on both counts) . I began tweaking it here and there but I believe it may need more than that. It's definitely weak in some spots. Like Winnie the Pooh says, "Oh, bother!"

I shouldn't be surprised though. It took two years (on and off) to finally get Has Anybody Lost A Glove? up to snuff. It was well worth the effort as evidenced by the fact that it was published. Still it's difficult to accept that something you thought was finished, isn't. Like Glove, I'm hoping to find that angle that'll make the story come alive. Then the birds will fly and the angels will sing and I'll know for certain that I have another winner on my hands. Yeah!

No comments: