Saturday, July 7, 2007


I've been neglecting this blog in favor of my raw food blog. Sigh! Today I'm going to a meeting of the Black Writers Guild of Maryland, Inc. in Baltimore. Meetings are held the first Saturday of each month at the Garrison Blvd. branch of the public library. It's a nice get together for local writers most of whom are not children's writers but it's still nice to be among any writers for me, especially since I haven't been writing lately. Here's to being inspired.

Speaking of inspiration, the book I'm reading now, My Life in Paris, by Julia Child inspires me more than ever to go to France. It's on my list of must visit places along with Italy, Spain, Africa, Portugal, Turkey, and a host of others. The book relates her experiences while in Paris in the 40's and 50's. It's fun to see the making of great chef. She was determined to be a culinary queen and that's what she had become. Ciao for now!

No comments: