Saturday, January 24, 2009

Writing Again

My writing again has been a long time coming. It seems after my first book was published something in me was lost. All the passion and drive that produced Glove and my Highlights story, Where Are We Going Mama?, seemed to have been sucked out of me. It's taken all this time (nearly five years) to get it back. The road has been fraught with envy, against those who continued to write and be published, and regret, not only over the fact that I wasn't doing the same, but knowing that I was perfectly capable of doing so. However, the sleeper has awakened with many stories to tell. My only dilemma now is which to start first. Should I work on my novel, a biography (I have a couple in mind) or a picture book (fiction or nonfiction)? Should I do one at a time or work on two or three? Should I work on one I've started already or start a new one? In the end, it doesn't even matter. Whatever I decide to do at least I'll be fulfilling my life's purpose, writing stories for children to love, and that's what really counts.

1 comment:

Margot Finke said...

So many ideas, so little time!

I am sure you will sort it out soon, mate, and choose a project to immerse yourself in.

Good luck!

Margot Finke
Books for Children
Manuscript Critiques
http://www.margotfinke.com
http://margotfinke.blogspot.com/