Saturday, February 21, 2009

Library Love


"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." ~Jorge Luis Borges~

There are few things I enjoy more than spending an afternoon at the library. My library is a fairly new one that's airy and full of light. From the day it opened it was a popular spot. Many go there for the large DVD collection. You can borrow up to 10 DVD's for as long as six nights, including renewal. Some you can keep for up to six weeks (including renewal)--documentaries and the like. Other people use the many PC's available. There are so many that you can sit there for hours and never need worry about being forced off to accommodate another user.

I go there for those things but I also go, like today, to read children's books, mainly PB's. I grab a selection based on recommendations I've seen online or the latest offering by a favorite author. Then I find a likely spot, usually just off from the children's section (the seats in the kid's section are too low for me). I might have a bottle of water or a cup of coffee with me for refreshment. I then tackle my pile, taking notes as I go. My focus today was on rhyming PB's. I have one I've been working on for a while now and I thought I might glean some inspiration. I also checked out a couple of chapter books since I'm working on one of them too; still trying to give the story some depth. These will keep me going until my next trip when I will once again enter the world of possibilities that is the library.

2 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

What a beautiful picture!

Andromeda Romano-Lax said...

This comment is in the wrong place, but just wanted to know I added a Toni Morrison book to my TBR list after reading your comment at Moonrat's blog. Of course I should read Toni Morrison!