Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Got a New Attitude

I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin' and I know what to do
I tidied up my point of view
I got a new attitude!!!

I know I've been neglecting my blogging duties lately, but I'm back baby and like Patti I've got a new attitude, about my life, my relationships, my job and most importantly in this venue, about my writing.

For one thing I just started a writing workshop at Johns Hopkins called Writing for the Young Reader, lead by the newly double published Elissa Brent Weissman. We had our first session last night. I have high hopes that this will not only kickstart my writing again (gotta finish that chapter book) but that it will be the breeding ground for new projects. We'll be critiquing each other's work every week. Funny, I never used to worry about being critiqued but this time I'm feeling especially sensitive. I'll have to keep myself clear and open and ready to accept what I hope will be constructive criticism. By now I know what to keep and what to ignore and let go.

I'm also excited (and hopeful) about a recent submission to Candlewick. Of course, I want to make a sale but I'm also happy that I've sent something out at last. I know I'm not a one book wonder. This is just the beginning.

Sing it with me: I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes....

No comments: