Sunday, December 26, 2010

Questions for 2011


As I look out on the snowy universe outside my window and look forward to the coming New Year, I find myself reflecting on my life as a writer. I've spent a long time not writing, or at least not writing what I wanted to write, and I wish I knew the reason(s) why. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear that my writing isn't good enough? Who knows? What matters now is it's time to get back on track. I have so many stories inside me. I feel the urge to write growing each day and so I ask myself the following questions as I enter 2011:
  • Who am I as a writer?
  • What do I want to communicate and to whom?
  • How do I want to communicate it?
  • What is my ultimate goal?
  • How can I achieve that goal through writing?
  • Who will benefit?
Over the coming weeks I intend to explore these questions, not in any particular order but in whatever way each reveals itself to me. I expect this to be a glorious adventure, at the end of which I will emerge a better writer and, more importantly, a better person.

No comments: