Sunday, January 23, 2011

500 Words

That's how many words I wrote today. I just started a story that I intend to submit to a short story contest, the theme of which is a true account of how God has helped you in a time of great hardship. We all probably have a story that could fit that category.

I know 500 words doesn't sound like much, but for me it's a milestone that was a long time coming. Until now, I was reading about writing, thinking about writing, talking about writing, joining writing groups, going to writing conferences, taking writing courses, pretty much doing everything you could do related to writing except write. Well that barrier has now been broken. Look out world, I'm back!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I know how difficult it can be to just START writing when you've been away from it for a while, so I say, congratulations!

This year, one of my goals is to complete my novel. I set a practice of writing a scene each day for 21 days, and pulled it off. That's a first for me.

Good luck in whatever contest you choose!

TheWriterStuff said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Candice! I wish you well with your novel.